Sumenkov Sergey Yur'evich, Doctor of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of state and legal disciplines, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Legal privilege is a category denoting a departure from the principle of legal equality. This necessitates the study of the nature of privileges, the determination of their place in the system of legal advantages, the justification and proof of the fact that privileges correspond to the right. The purpose of the article is to form the definition of “privilege”, highlight its specific qualities, argue the need for the presence of this category in the texts of regulatory acts, especially its regulatory impact.
Materials and methods. Research objectives were achieved through the use of regulatory acts of various levels - international, federal, local; the study of law enforcement materials, especially judicial, practice, as well as a wide range of scientific papers. The dialectical method was chosen as the fundamental method of knowledge, in addition, the system-structural and formal-legal methods, as well as the hermeneutics method, were implemented.
Results. The concept of “privilege” was subjected to semantic analysis, the need for the presence of the term “privilege” in the conceptual framework of legal regulation was motivated, the basic components of the system of legal advantages were named.
Conclusions: Privilege is a legal advantage that personifies the maximum benefit that characterizes both the special and individual status of the subject. The study of privileges is necessary to establish criteria for their effectiveness and limits, minimize and eliminate the potential for abuse of both privileges and all legal benefits in general.
1. Vestnik Banka Rossii [Bulletin of the Bank of Russia]. 2002, no. 5, 18 Jan. [In Russian]
2. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2015, no. 13, art. 1909. [In Russian]
3. Stat'ya 14 Prilozheniya № 6 k Kontseptsii informatsionnoy bezopasnosti Federal'noy nalogovoy sluzhby (utv. prikazom FNS RF ot 13 yanvarya 2012 g. № MMV-7-4/6@ [Article 14 Supplement No. 6 of the Conception of information security of the Federal Tax Service (approved by the order of the FTS of Russia of January 13th, 2012 No. MMV-7-4/6@)]. RRS "Garant". (Test prikaza ofitsial'no opublikovan ne byl.). [In Russian]
4. Mal'ko A. V., Sumenkov S. Yu. Privilegii i immunitety kak osobye pravovye isklyucheniya [Priviliges and immunities as special legal exceptions]. Penza: Informatsionno-izdatel'skiy tsentr PGU, 2005, 180 p. [In Russian]
5. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1997, no. 19, art. 2230. [In Russian]
6. Ob utverzhdenii Metodiki samootsenki kachestva korporativnogo upravleniya v kompaniyakh s gosudarstvennym uchastiem: Prikaz Federal'nogo agentstva po upravleniyu gosudarstvennym imushchestvom ot 22 avgusta 2014 g. № 306 [On approving the techniques of corporate management quality self-assessment at state participation companies: the order of the Federal Agency for State Property Management of August 22nd, 2014 No. 306]. RRS "Garant". (Test prikaza ofitsial'no opublikovan ne byl.) [In Russian]
7. Ob utverzhdenii dokumentov probnoy perepisi naseleniya 2018 g.: Prikaz Federal'noy sluzhby gosudarstvennoy statistiki ot 24 iyulya 2018 g. № 451 [On approving of documents of a test population census 2018: the order of the Federal State Statistics Service of July 24th, 2018 No. 451]. RRS "Garant". (Test prikaza ofitsial'no opublikovan ne byl.) [In Russian]
8. Vedomosti S"ezda narodnykh deputatov Rossiyskoy Federatsii i Verkhovnogo Soveta Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Proceedings of a Congress of people’s deputies of the Russian Federation and the Supreme Council of the Russian Federation]. 1993, no. 38, art. 1480. [In Russian]
9. Ob utverzhdenii statisticheskogo instrumentariya dlya organizatsii federal'nogo statisticheskogo nablyudeniya za deyatel'nost'yu v sfere transporta: Prikaz Federal'noy sluzhby gosudarstvennoy statistiki ot 7 avgusta 2013 g. № 312 [On approving of statistical instruments to organize a federal statistical observation in the field of transport: the order of the Federal State Statistics Service of August 7th, 2013 No. 312]. RRS "Garant". (Test prikaza ofitsial'no opublikovan ne byl.) [In Russian]
10. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian Newspaper]. 2010, 13 May. [In Russian]
11. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2002, no. 30, art. 3032. [In Russian]
12. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian Newspaper]. 2010, 9 Mar. [In Russian]
13. Rep'ev A. G. Preimushchestva v prave: obshcheteoreticheskiy aspekt [Privileges in law: a general theoretical aspect]. Barnaul: Barnaul'skiy yuridicheskiy institut MVD Rossii, 2018, 244 p. [In Russian]
14. Morozova I. S. Pravovedenie [Jurisprudence]. 2006, no. 3, pp. 190–198. [In Russian]
15. Mal'ko A. V., Morozova I. S. Pravovedenie [Jurisprudence]. 1999, no. 4, pp. 143–156. [In Russian]
16. Regel'sberger", F. Obshchee uchenie o pravѣ: per. I. A. Bazanova [General doctrine of law: translated by I.A. Bazanov]. Moscow: Tipografiya Vysochaayshe utverzhd. T-va I. D. Sytina, 1897, 295 p. [In Russian]
17. Vestnik obrazovaniya [Bulletin of education]. 2012, no. 12. [In Russian]
18. Neyaskin D. S. Vestnik Saratovskoy gosudarstvennoy yuridicheskoy akademii [Bulletin of Saratov State Academy of Law]. 2017, no. 6, pp. 64–69. [In Russian]
19. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2003, no. 50, art. 4850. [In Russian]
20. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2012, no. 37, art. 4986. [In Russian]